WHAT IS INCLUDED/EXCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM COST:
- Transport from George Airport (domestic airport) on Monday and back again on Monday.
- All accommodation (shared)
- Breakfast ingredients supplied at lodge
- Lunch and dinner supplied by Ranch from Monday’s to Friday’s
- Fresh linen given weekly (ie bedding & towels)
- Free Internet
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine and iron
- Firewood in winter (lovely roaring fireplace)
- Twice weekly transport to town to stock up on any supplies you may need
- 2 Ranch volunteer T-shirts/Golf shirts (peak caps, wind-breakers/rain jackets & winter fleece tops are available to purchase from us at discounted prices)
- Complete 24-hour support and assistance from our volunteer team
- A Certificate to take home with you on completion of your placement
- Memories and friendships of a lifetime
Your International flights to or from Johannesburg or Cape Town Airports as well as you domestic flights, or coach trip to or from George.
- Your personal, medical and travel insurance which must cover you for the entire duration of the program, and should include cover for repatriation and any additional activities you may wish to undertake, including working with wild animals. You will NOT be admitted to our program without the correct medical cover
- Medical expenses/Insurance
- Any additional trips, tours or activities you may do.
- Items of a personal nature, i.e. alcohol, refreshments, gifts, curios and additional food drinks and snacks not supplied by us at the Lodge or Ranch
- Weekend meals (Saturday’s & Sunday’s) when you are not working at the Ranch
- Washing Powder for your laundry
CAN I GET A REFUND IF I CHANGE MY MIND?
Please remember that when you cancel, we need to find a replacement for you, and this may not always be possible at short notice. You can however get a refund, subject to the following:
- Once we approve your application, 25% of the total payment is due and payable on receipt of invoice, in order to confirm your placement
- This deposit is non-refundable at any time; however, you are also welcome to change your dates, subject to availability and subject to new rates if applicable at time of your new booking
- The balance is payable 1 month ahead of your arrival date
- Should you cancel your placement at least 40 days prior to the commencement date of your placement, we will refund you 50% of your fees paid (excluding your deposit) but you will be responsible for all bank charges in returning your money to you
- Should you cancel your placement less than 40 days prior to the commencement date of your placement, no refund will be given
- Notice of cancellation only takes effect when received by us in writing/email.
- As COVID travel restrictions ease, please note that in the event that you have to cancel your booking due to contracting COVID, and you require a refund, we will require a doctor's letter and a copy of your positive PCR test for validation. Should a country close its borders and prevent travel due to COVID then a full refund will be granted.
- ARRIVE on any MONDAY in the year and DEPART on any MONDAY
- We prefer that you should arrive or depart on a Monday however should you need to arrive on an alternative day of the week, we will organise a taxi for you from the airport/bus stop, but the cost will be for your account.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable to confirm placement. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and exchange rates are subject to fluctuation. Prices are quoted per week.
IT'S OUR SPRING SPECIAL WHICH MEANS 25% DISCOUNT ON THE BELOW PRICES!
BOOK NOW AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS PHENOMENAL DEAL!
Book to visit any time between 1 October 2022 and 31 December 2023 to qualify for the discount. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Our highly successful intern program is perfect for those wanting a curated learning experience relevant to studies and interests.
We have a limited capacity, and we recommend booking as far in advance as possible in order to secure a spot.
Please note that the rates for our intern program are as per our standard rates with a 15% surcharge.
Complete an application form and email it to us:
Once you have received this confirmation from us that there is availability, and before you pay your deposit, you need to establish that you are able to secure flights.
Please ensure that your preparation includes the necessary visas and/or inoculation/immunization if so required.
Once the booking is complete and the deposit is paid, we will send you all the necessary information to help you prepare for your time with us.
Dear WAV Team at Cango Wildlife RanchI want to express my sincere thanks to your whole team for the kindness and care which you all bestowed on my daughter, Charlotte, during her stay with you.She had an unforgettable time, and she will cherish the many memories she made with all of you, as well as with the special animals in your care.She thoroughly enjoyed her stay, and has not... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Charlotte Cannone
I spent 2 months (November-December) at the Cango Wildlife Ranch for my internship. It was definitely the best time of my life! From day 1 you're a part of the WAV family. Made so many new friends that became family, had so much fun with everyone and made so many good memories. I'll thanks all the staff so much for the great time and good memories.It was so hard... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Mirte
I spent two weeks here this past November and saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done! From day one, I was surrounded by amazing staff and very quickly friends who gave nothing but love and kindness. The work was hard and yet rewarding. Interactions and enrichment was one of my many take aways. Cango has changed my views on many topics regarding animals in captivity... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Christina Evon