WHAT IS INCLUDED/EXCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM COST:
- Transport from George Airport (domestic airport) on Monday and back again on Monday.
- All accommodation (shared)
- Breakfast ingredients supplied at lodge
- Lunch and dinner supplied by Ranch from Monday’s to Friday’s
- Fresh linen given weekly (ie bedding & towels)
- Free Internet
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine and iron
- Firewood in winter (lovely roaring fireplace)
- Twice weekly transport to town to stock up on any supplies you may need
- 2 Ranch volunteer T-shirts/Golf shirts (peak caps, wind-breakers/rain jackets & winter fleece tops are available to purchase from us at discounted prices)
- Complete 24-hour support and assistance from our volunteer team
- A Certificate to take home with you on completion of your placement
- Memories and friendships of a lifetime
Your International flights to or from Johannesburg or Cape Town Airports as well as your domestic flights, or coach trip to or from George.
- Your personal, medical and travel insurance which must cover you for the entire duration of the program, and should include cover for repatriation and any additional activities you may wish to undertake, including working with wild animals. You will NOT be admitted to our program without the correct medical cover
- Medical expenses/Insurance
- Any additional trips, tours or activities you may do.
- Items of a personal nature, i.e. alcohol, refreshments, gifts, curios and additional food drinks and snacks not supplied by us at the Lodge or Ranch
- Weekend meals (Saturday’s & Sunday’s) when you are not working at the Ranch
- Washing Powder for your laundry
CAN I GET A REFUND IF I CHANGE MY MIND?
Please remember that when you cancel, we need to find a replacement for you, and this may not always be possible at short notice. You can however get a refund, subject to the following:
- Once we approve your application, 25% of the total payment is due and payable on receipt of invoice, in order to confirm your placement
- This 25% deposit is non-refundable at any time; however, you are also welcome to change your dates, subject to availability and subject to new rates if applicable at time of your new booking
- The balance is payable 2 months ahead of your arrival date
- Should you cancel your placement at least 40 days prior to the commencement date of your placement, we will refund you 50% of your fees paid (excluding your deposit) but you will be responsible for all bank charges in returning your money to you
- Should you cancel your placement less than 40 days prior to the commencement date of your placement, no refund will be given
- Notice of cancellation only takes effect when received by us in writing/email.
- As COVID travel restrictions ease, please note that in the event that you have to cancel your booking due to contracting COVID, and you require a refund, we will require a doctor's letter and a copy of your positive PCR test for validation. Should a country close its borders and prevent travel due to COVID then a full refund will be granted.
- ARRIVE on any MONDAY in the year and DEPART on any MONDAY
- We prefer that you should arrive or depart on a Monday however should you need to arrive on an alternative day of the week, we will organise a taxi for you from the airport/bus stop, but the cost will be for your account.
Our highly successful intern program is perfect for those wanting a curated learning experience relevant to studies and interests.
We have a limited capacity, and we recommend booking as far in advance as possible in order to secure a spot.
Please note that the rates for our intern program are as per our standard rates with a 15% surcharge.
Complete an application form and email it to us:
Once you have received this confirmation from us that there is availability, and before you pay your deposit, you need to establish that you are able to secure flights.
Please ensure that your preparation includes the necessary visas and/or inoculation/immunization if so required.
Once the booking is complete and the deposit is paid, we will send you all the necessary information to help you prepare for your time with us.
My time at the Cango Wildlife Ranch was a blast! Not just working with the greatest animals but also with the loveliest, funniest people was an experience for live. The hosts will make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. I’m so thankful for what I expected, I will always live with amazing memories of my time at the Cango Wildlife Ranch.
Wild Animal Volunteer | Yara Muller
It was refreshing to work alongside people with such genuine passion for their job. I immediately felt at home and welcomed within the volunteering team. The continuous job variation never allowed for a bored moment and the balance between work and play was struck perfectly by the brilliant WAV hosts. Cango Wildlife Ranch is on the frontline of wildlife conservation efforts and if you want to be part of... Read this review
Wild Animal Volunteer | Matthew Cox
An absolutely amazing place that gave me an unbelievable experience with magnificent animals wonderful people and a calm loving environment. If you you want to clear your mind and your body, regain faith in humanity, and put your love of animals into action this is the place!
Wild Animal Volunteer | Lev Skiter