WHAT IS INCLUDED/EXCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM COST:
- Transport from George Airport (domestic airport) on Monday and back again on Monday.
- All accommodation (shared)
- Breakfast ingredients supplied at lodge
- Lunch and dinner supplied by Ranch from Monday’s to Friday’s
- Fresh linen given weekly (ie bedding & towels)
- Free Internet
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine and iron
- Firewood in winter (lovely roaring fireplace)
- Twice weekly transport to town to stock up on any supplies you may need
- 2 Ranch volunteer T-shirts/Golf shirts (peak caps, wind-breakers/rain jackets & winter fleece tops are available to purchase from us at discounted prices)
- Complete 24-hour support and assistance from our volunteer team
- A Certificate to take home with you on completion of your placement
- Memories and friendships of a lifetime
Your International flights to or from Johannesburg or Cape Town Airports as well as you domestic flights, or coach trip to or from George.
- Your personal, medical and travel insurance which must cover you for the entire duration of the program, and should include cover for repatriation and any additional activities you may wish to undertake, including working with wild animals. You will NOT be admitted to our program without the correct medical cover
- Medical expenses/Insurance
- Any additional trips, tours or activities you may do.
- Items of a personal nature, i.e. alcohol, refreshments, gifts, curios and additional food drinks and snacks not supplied by us at the Lodge or Ranch
- Weekend meals (Saturday’s & Sunday’s) when you are not working at the Ranch
- Washing Powder for your laundry
CAN I GET A REFUND IF I CHANGE MY MIND?
You can get a refund, subject to the following:(Please remember that when you cancel we need to find a replacement for you and this may not always be possible at short notice)
- The 25% deposit is non-refundable at anytime
- If you cancel your placement at least 40 days prior to your commencement date of your placement, we will refund you 50% of your fees paid (excluding your deposit) but you will be responsible for all bank charges in returning your money to you.
- Notice of cancellation only takes effect when received by us in writing/email.
- If you cancel your placement less than 40 days prior to the commencement date of your placement, no refund will be given.
- You are also welcome to change your dates subject to availability
- ARRIVE on any MONDAY in the year and DEPART on any MONDAY
- We prefer that you should arrive or depart on a Monday however should you need to arrive on an alternative day of the week, we will organize a taxi for you from the airport/bus stop, but the cost will be for your account.
NB: RATES ARE QUOTED PER WEEK
*VALID FROM 1 MAY 2018 - 29 FEB 2019
*VALID FROM 1 MARCH 2019
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable to confirm placement. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and exchange rates are subject to fluctuation.
We have a highly successful program for Interns so if you require a more detailed program relevant to your studies, please contact us and we will happily send you our INTERN application form. Since our Intern program is booked up well in advance, it is advisable to book as soon as you know your approximate dates.
Please note; a 10% surcharge is applicable to all interns.
Fill in the application form and email or fax it to us. (Please note that if you are still busy with your passport or insurance etc and therefore cannot send us this information with your application, please STILL send your application form indicating what still needs to follow. We can still go ahead with your booking to avoid disappointment).
- We will send you an email to confirm availability of your chosen dates, price confirmation and payment details for your deposit.
- Once you have received this confirmation from us and before you pay your deposit, you need to establish that you are able to get flights or bus transport to/from George from Cape Town or Johannesburg
- International Airports
- You also need to check that your timeline works if visas or innoculations/immunisations are required.
- You will then need to pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total fee to confirm your placement, with the balance of payment due 60 days prior to your arrival date.
- Once you have booked with us, your dates have been confirmed and you have paid your deposit we will send you all necessary additional information to help you prepare for your trip and stay with us.
WAV Department Thank you for making the last 7 weeks an incredible experience! Thank you for being there and helping in every situation. Thank you for making work so much fun and making all our wishes come true. Thank you for being flexible and listen to our ideas. Thank you for giving so much love that we never feel lonely! I hope we will stay in contact and one... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Timo
My dear wonderful people: Sumari, Didi, Sheree, Anina! I just wanted again to say thank you so much for this incredible & amazing experience that I was allowed to have here. It was a really special and unique one, and I learned so much! About animals, work, people and myself! I know that you meet a lot of volunteers and people in general. And that it’s maybe not that... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Christina
To Everyone at Cango Wildlife Ranch and the lovely people of WAV. We just wanted to say a huge, massive and giant THANK YOU for making our time here as volunteers an unforgettable experience! We have learnt so much from you wonderfully passionate people and will be taking away so much respect and love for you all. Our time here has been much to short but you made us... Read More
Wild Animal Volunteer | Jodie and Chris